Our Mission Statement
Learning, fun and achievement for all
At Thames View Primary School, staff are committed to providing an education that enables all pupils to realise their dreams, goals and ambitions. We work in partnership with colleagues, parents and the community, so that pupils achieve academic success and experience personal well-being within a caring and safe environment.
We motivate and engage children by delivering a rich and broad curriculum that inspires our pupils to become life-long and responsible learners.
We promote our values of respect, honesty, kindness, perseverance, responsibility and equality, throughout all we do, so that our pupils are ready to take their place in a constantly changing world.'
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens. Our school ethos is based on the celebration of the principles of our Mission Statement.
Children and staff are encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning. We want to promote lifelong learning throughout the school community including children, staff, governors and parents. There is a responsibility by all to promote a positive approach to behaviour management and the following of the School Rules. Children are encouraged to take responsibility for their own actions through discussion, such as at Circle Time, where they have the opportunity to discuss their concerns and worries, as well as celebrate their successes. Children are given a voice in order to contribute to the decisions made in the schools, through the School Council, as part of surveys and they are actively encouraged to voice their opinions as individuals.
Working together to build a community of successful learners
Core Values: Inclusivity, dignity, respect & ambition
Learning and growth are at the heart of The Howard Academy Trust ethos. We strongly advocate that all members of our community have the opportunity to become the very best that they can be. We recognise and value the unique talents and expertise within our community and aim to create a culture of dignity, inclusivity, respect and ambition, where all can thrive.
This is achieved through:
- Excellent teaching and learning that celebrates diversity whilst promoting inclusivity;
- Regular opportunities for collaborative high quality CPD to ensure best practice across academies;
- A proactive network for joint working across academies, for staff at various career stages;
- The highest standards of behaviour and conduct achieved through clear expectations and positive relationships;
- The unique character of each academy is valued and contributes to the THAT whole Trust ethos;
- Shared whole trust values of dignity, respect and ambition.
- High aspirations for all involved with the Trust;
- Each academy is a hub for its local community and families;
- Facing outwards and working in collaboration with other organisations and stakeholders;
- A centralised team that allows academy leaders to focus on their core purpose of education.
Promoting Fundamental British Values
The Howard Academy Trust are committed to Fundamental British Values
The Trust actively promotes British Values in our schools. We aim to ensure our young people are prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all cultures, faiths and races with respect and tolerance. They will be taught to understand that, whilst people may sometimes hold conflicting views about what is 'right' and what is 'wrong', all those who live in our country are subject to its laws.
The key values are:
- Rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those in our society of different faiths and beliefs